NACHHALTIGKEIT BEI TRANQUILLO
Right from the beginning the fair cooperation with our partners was one of our main aspects. As a family business we believe in relations and for us TRANQUILLO is one big and colourful family. Warm, relaxed and vibrant.
With most of our manufacturers we are linked in long-term cooperations. Together we follow the road to sustainability. On-site we often initiate specific improvements of the working conditions, which show direct affects on the quality of our goods. We value the close connection to our manufacturers and know that we came as a company and are known as a friend. This could be a slight difference to the huge fashion companies.
For our fashion collection we use organic cotton and pay a lot of attention on the best mix of fabrics made of resource-friendly production and a long durability of your beloved fashion favorites. Most of our styles are GOTS certified. This international established label guarantees an environmentally friendly and sustainable production process and improves the working conditions on-site, the hygiene standards and a fair remuneration of the employees. Read more about our certifications as a fair fashion company.
Our road to sustainability and fairness:
- We evolve intense and long-term relationships to our manufacturers. We inspect the production sites before we start to cooperate. Several times per year we visit the sites and have a close look on the conditions of the production.
- We pay attention on the certification of our manufacturers. Read more about our labels and certifications.
- Once we produced a pattern we use it up in the following seasons. That's how we provide individual items made of leftover fabric of the previous season. One step closer to zero waste.
How we reduce our energy consumption constantly
- We use LED lights in our stores. That reduces the energy consumption six times! LED lights even do not turn into special waste.
- We choose the most environmentally-friendly and most efficient transportation of our goods. Only in exceptional cases we use air freight.
- We pad our parcels with recycled material and use cartonage several times. After their lifetime we return them to the exploitation cycle.
- We print our catalogues and brochures on recycled paper.
The regardful treatment of our environment is very important to us. In fashion industries this is not yet easy. Our customers apply the same standards and expectations on us as they have on conventional producers. We question each of our production steps, evaluate and improve our standards. This is how we initiate long-term adjustments at our producers and stay dynamic at the same time. Together we evolve to a fair and sustainable future.